Yann Ilunga is a podcaster who helps people attain their dreams by providing them with highly actionable tips. He speaks 5 languages and is originally from Locarno, Switzerland. He is now living in Helskinki, Finland.
We talked about
- Four languages spoken in Switzerland
- Five languages that he speaks, what he uses most and what’s not
- European language that is most difficult to learn
- How did he become interested in learning languages
- How he learned languages and techniques he used
- Frustrations in learning languages
- Why having an accent should not discourage you from speaking English
- Frustrations experienced in travelling
- Interesting things about Helsinki that people don’t know
Keys to Success
- Watch a movie, cartoon or anything in the language that you want to learn.
- Use the language on a regular basis
- Try to think and process in the language you are trying to learn. Don’t translate it.
Subscribe to Expand Your World Show
Remember a small change in a day is good enough, so be consistent in your adventure!