Marilyn Wo is a freelance designer turned entrepreneur, mother of one. In fact, it was not until I was pregnant that I realised there’s more I can do with my time to put more life in my work and family at the same time while making a greater impact in the world. I used to be a self-employed one-man web designer, and had this aha moment to grow it into a real business while pregnant. In short, I’m aspiring to grow an amazing business and be an amazing mom.
We talked about
- Her life as a freelance designer in Singapore and how she balances her life between business and family
- Languages spoken in Singapore
- What is Singlish and how its used
- How she and her husband balance English and Chinese when they talk to their child
- What is the impact of learning Chinese language strictly from a classroom, is it helpful?
- Things about Singapore that most people don’t know
- Important rule on raising bilingual kids
- Advice for parents on teaching another language to kids
Keys to Success
- To learn a language it is best to talk and have a conversation rather than learning alone
- Learning needs routine to progress
- Learn to be consistent but flexible when it comes to teaching language to kids
Subscribe to Expand Your World Show
Remember a small change in a day is good enough, so be consistent in your adventure!